Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Top Ten Albums of the Last Decade - #10


10. Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
The album is epic in its longing, kickass in its intricate and smart lyrics and multicultural in its focus on world travel. This is one of those albums you can listen to again and again and appreciate something new in the feeling that you are being transported to another country full of new people and fascinating culture. So, rev up your motor scooters it's time for a new beginning. The only bad part is I really want to help that bird out and get him untangled from that string.

1 comment:

  1. This album is definitely in my top 5 albums I've ever bought. I remember the first time I heard the title track I kept saying "When's the kickass guitar solo gonna bust out?" I'm glad they didn't go that route. It makes Transatlanticism that much more uhhh... Je ne Sais Quoi.

    ReplyDelete