1. Have a sentence for a band name. Extra points if it's about ghosts and or flying. EG, "This ghost hamburger can fly."
2. Release an album with only two 35 minute songs.
3. Have thought provoking song and album names. EG, "Little lumberjacks in a world full of trees."
4. Be either Icelandic or Texan.
5. Record your album in a shack in The Middle Of Nowhere.
6. In interviews, talk about swells, harmony, and crescendos like a pretentious dick.
7. Make sure your songs make the listener drowsy and then suddenly wake him or her up.
8. Don't have a bassist. Have a harpist.
Thank you very much.