Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Christmas Commander Time

I think it's time to start thinking about Christmas Commanders. If you are still interested, I would turn a commander of your choice into an ancient version. To recap, the first ones I did were in Ugaritic, and the second group were Akkadian (in Old Babylonian script). I can do Akkadian in Neo-Assyrian script in clay or Middle Egyptian on papyrus, archaic Hebrew, Phoenician, or Old Aramaic on clay or potsherds. You are welcome to choose whatever you'd like, although for Egyptian or Akkadian, commanders with less text would be better. Also, I was thinking that if someone wanted a Theros commander, perhaps master Thomas could translate it into Greek/Latin and then Veronica could do the art (maybe based on some period relevant art provided by T-wizzle). I know wizards has done promo cards in Latin and Greek, so that would be a good starting place to see how they dealt with some of the technical terms. So sound off in the comments with what you'd like.

5 comments:

  1. I should also say, I want my fucking nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is just around the corner isn't it. I think once Nov rolls around I'll work on a holiday theme for the blog. Perhaps put some Santa hats on us in the banner.

    I'm kinda torn between an Egyptian version of Sharuum who is a sphinx and Sisay who I play more... I think you guys would do some sweet Egyptian art for Sharuum though so that's who I'll choose. Hopefully Sharuum isn't too verbose for an Egyptian version? If that won't work I'll go with Sisay 2nd and Ruhan 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey, I think Sharuum will not be a problem space-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My top 3 are:
    1. Aurelia
    2. The Mimeoplasm
    3. Uril

    I'm fine with you and Veronica picking whichever language would be most appropriate based on the text on the card and the existence of that creature in that culture's mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think maybe sliver overlord could look cool in any kind of ancient style, though I guess I think it would look coolest in Greek. Or maybe Konda as in Egyptian would look pretty bitchin, especially if thats less complicated than sliver overlord.

    ReplyDelete