Sunday, November 6, 2011

Multiplayer Cube

So, I have been working on a pauper cube that will be mostly for one-v-one drafting, which I have almost completed and will post here for comments once I have it done and entered in cockatrice. I have been enjoying making this cube and was thinking it would be great if we could make a cube to draft for our favorite format: Chaos Multiplayer. It seems to me that a well made multiplayer cube with all cards chosen specifically because they would work well in multiplayer could be a ton of fun, allow us to play with cards we wouldn't usually play with and shake up the way our games work a bit.

I don't want to overload us with alternate formats, especially if I am the only one who thinks this sounds like fun, but I am really looking forward to constructing this. Similar to the craft of the lumberjack, it is like creating a work of art.

So, here are my ideas for some different possible themes for a multiplayer cube:

1. Mono-green with lots of acceleration, big creatures and token generation
2. Big creatures+pump spells+auras and limited (possibly no?) creature removal
3. Tons of chaos cards (Goblin Game, Shared Fate, Coin Flip Cards, etc.)
4. A Mill-centric cube, where all the cards revolve around milling
5. A (more traditional and probably boring) power cube that takes all the most powerful multiplayer cards and throws them together

What do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas for cube themes?

2 comments:

  1. I like options 1, 2, & 5 the best. If I had to pick just one I'd say I like 1 the best but you probably knew I'd say that. I've always liked big beefy creatures fighting each other without removal. Honestly I'm not crazy about chaos cards but I could see how they'd be fun too. In terms of other ideas for formats, I always kinda liked the one drop format we did that one time. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to a Magic filled Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete