Monday, August 15, 2016

South Dakota Magazine Controversy

So here is just a little taste of one of the hot controversies of South Dakota: how much of an asshole are rattlesnakes? The article from the boastful cover retrospective of the 150th issue of South Dakota Magazine (April/May 2010 - which I found under a chair while waiting at the DMV) seems to have cause quite a stir in my new home state. Now granted rattlesnakes are total assholes as I know from my time living in the amazon rain forest during my study abroad to study the mating habits of the wild purple radish. However, it seems like we might have bigger things to get worked up about than rattlesnake covers (like giant marshmallow men attacking us or global microwaving). 


My favorite part, however, is how the magazine editors fixed this controversy with the cover of their next issue "featuring a painting of the charming Katee Telgren modeling Astoria farmer Trygve Trooien's collection of farm overalls" as if a picture of a woman wearing farm overall could solve all of the world's problems. Maybe we could just send this cover to Israel and Palestine and they would stop fighting because who can resist farm overalls?! Why did I ever move to this state? /Andy Rooney rant over

No comments:

Post a Comment