Friday, November 13, 2015

60 Minutes Fan Fiction: Part 2


"End of the line!"

The shout of the bus driver startled Andy out of his sleep. He was dreaming of his last newscast and about whether he had thoroughly explained his confusion with why Lady Ga-Gah's poodle didn't have to abstain from meat on Passover. The sun had fallen on this horribly aggravating day. Andy got off and sat on the bus stop bench. He then promptly fell asleep.

The next morning, Andy awoke to bus brakes squeaking. "If I had my 'druthers the New York Public Transit System would fix the wheels on every bus in the city and have them ship Florida oranges up North from Orlando. Then cold and flu season would be a thing of the past." Thought Andy as he boarded the bus.

Determined to stay awake, Andy remained in a standing position behind the driver. "You know you shouldn't have taken a left on 5th Street back there."

"I don't design the routes. The city does. If you have a complaint, write your local representative." The bus driver did not sound enthused to be saying this.

"Well, if you had taken a right on 6th, we'd be here two and a half minutes ago. I am sorry but you sir, drive like an animal!"

The bus came to a squeaking halt. Andy was not so politely asked to leave the bus. "Well that just fries my pickle. After I've confronted Rather, I think I will write my representative!" Andy self-exclaimed as he waddled down the crowded Queens-borough street.

TO BE CONTINUED...

3 comments:

  1. asirunandrun.blogspot.com/2012/06/60-minutes-fan-fiction.html

    Its been Almost 2 and a half years, so now's a good time to release part 2 of a 6 part series over the next 12 and a half years. After which I will watch all the Homestar Runners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I look forward to new installments! At least I have something to look forward to for the next 12.5 years. In your face Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, suck it Jar-Jar Binks!
    I want to see the epic showdown with Dan Rather. I hope it is something like the news fight in the movie anchorman.

    ReplyDelete