Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Bachelor Party Format
Let's brainstorm some a new format for us to try out for my bachelor party so we can start deckbuilding. I was thinking of a format where we commander decks where you have to build them using only cards from three sets from different blocks and planes. This would mean that you couldn't just do all three sets from mirridon plane sets and build an affinity deck, but instead would require more creativity.
If you all are down for this format, here are some questions I have about setting up the rules.
1. Should we allow the commander to be from any set, not just your three? Or should we allow any rare creature from your sets to be played as the commander?
2. Should we choose all three sets at random? Allow each person to choose all three sets? Or some combination of the two? Having only sets chosen at random means that someone could get unlucky and get like homelands, mercadian masques, and ice age. Maybe we should require one set be chosen at random from large sets that are more modern.
3. I am thinking each person should have three different sets with no overlap just to make a wider variety. Should we allow for any shared sets?
4. Is three the right number of sets or should it be more? I was thinking three would be good to make the decks less powerful and require us to play with more cards we wouldn't usually think to play with.
5. Should commander/planechase/conspiracy/modern masters sets be fair game?
Its spring and babies are in the air! Hi all, I would like you all to sign this petition requesting that Justin and Veronica Tommy ...
1. 2. 3. 4.
PHIL WAALKES! THERE ARE ONLY 3 LIGHTBULBS LEFT LIT IN THE ATTIC!!! ME AND TOMMY HAVE EACH BET ON 1 LIGHTBULB. IF NEITHER OF THESE LIGH...